The Purpose And Aim Of The Forum
While our ultimate aim is to have a corruption-free province that is run transparently and ethically, we purpose to mobilise and use whatever means at our disposal to get our government to take note and take responsibility for the injustices of our province, to suspend those tainted with alleged corruption. While the ordinary citizen may get away with the “innocent until proven guilty” , these are people in high offices, people we were meant to trust for the betterment of our province and for our best interests, these are people who swore an oath of office, we therefore believe it is only fair that they step aside and allow independent investigation to take place, if they care anything for the people they claim to be servants of.
We further wish to refer government and hold them accountable and commit to a resolution the themselves took at their Nazrec Conference of 2017 regarding corruption to among others summarily suspend people who fail to give an acceptable explanation or to voluntarily step down while they face disciplinary investigative or procecutorial procedures and to publicly dissociate the ANC from anyone, whether business, donor, supporter or member accused of corruption or reported to being involved in corruption. In relation to the above undertaking, we wish to bring the attention of government to a case opened by a Mr Bam with the Public Protector against the Premier of the Eastern Cape about funds that were squandered from Mbizana Locam Municipality and distributed to various leaders of the Eastern Cape Government including the Premier, Mr Oscar Mabuyane, MEC of Transport Ms Weziwe Tikana Gxothiwe and a certain Mr Mhiaba.
This democracy was purchased by the blood of people like
These and many, traded their lives for our democracy, which raises a question, “if they
could see, how would they feel, what would they do? An answer comes in quotes, or should we say premonitions, by
WHAT I FEAR IS THAT THE LIBERATORS EMERGE AS ELITISTS WHO DRIVE AROUND IN MERCEDES BENZ AND USE THE RESOURCES OF THE COUNTRY TO LIVE IN PALACES AND GATHER RICHES
A Corrupt ANC Will be far worse than
If the ANC does to you what the apartheid government did to you, then you must do
to the ANC what you did to the apartheid government
Problems / Challenges
● leadership that is embroiled in acts of corruption
● Abuse of a pandemic to squander funds, disregarding the health of the citizens of this province
● Corruption at Senior Management level within government, leading with business competing with officials / politicians for tenders
Consequences of Corruption
● Poor Service delivery. Besides what has been reported in the Media, we have had to experience first-hand during this period of the pandemic this effect of corruption in our province. White we appreciate the fact that no one could have anticipated or even prepared for what the world is going through right now, but we also have to acknowledge that our province has been caught with our pants down, on one too many occasions.
● Our trust on this leadership we have in the Eastern Cape to act on our best interest has been severely eroded.
● Sustainable economic development, ethical values and justice are threatened.
● A corruption-free Eastern Cape
● Transparency and Accountability by our elected leadership, to bring the integrity of our province back.
● To make sure that measures are taken to build the economy of this province, where the money of this province stays in this province